Wednesday, October 15, 2008

captains log...

We are embarking on day 2 of our Disneyland trip extravaganza, and we still have Lily. Let's get the important things out of the way right at the get-go.

I never did find a leash for her, but she did spend one or two moments in her stroller at various times during the day. That was nice. Mostly she spent the day on the verge of having her arms ripped out of her sockets because she would get yanked back mid-run via the nearest hanging appendage. That little girl seriously scares me in crowded places. At one point I resolved to hold her-and hold her good-in the hopes that the lack of oxygen due to relentless screaming + the 3 hour overdue nap would eventually cause her to pass out in my arms. No such luck. Then I strapped her, flailing, into the stroller and told Jake to go for a walk with her, but he came back in 5 minutes because he said people were looking at him like he had just abducted her. I'm not going to sit here and lie to you...it was a rough hour or so.

Now that's out of the way...WE ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME! Seriously. Both kids have loved the rides, (Alex keeps BEGGING to go on Space Mountain again) and all of the other kids are so well behaved. Alex and Seth have their moments. They were so excited to see each other they ran and immediately started beating each other up. Then they started kissing. We were a little worried people would wonder what kind of family we were raising, but, hey, an excited kid at Disneyland knows no bounds. They are having so much fun. And I am so happy that Alex is trying all the rides. He's been on space mountain, splash mountain, the Matterhorn, pirates of the Caribbean, haunted mansion, and lots of other littler rides, and he's loved them all! Even Lily has loved all of the rides (except haunted mansion...it made her cry).

The kids are on a sugar-eye candy-sleep deprived-Disneyland induced high!

And don't it feel good.

8 comments:

McKinna said...

how fun!! sounds like a great trip!! we LOVE it there.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

A meltdown was inevitable. I was holding Maxine in time out in a corner of a museum in Europe and Italian security guards approached us. I let go of her as they came closer and she wacked me and said, "I don't want to be quiet MOM!!!" They nodded and smiled in an understanding way and went back to their work. (I seriously thought I was about to be carted off to jail.) Hope besides that, you guys are having a fabulous time!

SarahCeleste said...

Still jealous...keep an eye out for Liv...she is on her way..without her pouting mom...she is so dang spoiled..make sure you tell her how lucky she is. I don't think I went to Disneyland for the 1st time till I was 17 with Starlight Express. ha ha. This is trip # 5 for her ugh kids these days :-)

Katie said...

I'm so Jealous.

Chrystal said...

Woo Hoo! I love seeing kids excited - - sorry for the rough hour - my sisters just had several of them at D-Land this summer. It made me decide Brenna is still too young so Clarissa will just have to wait. We'll live it by proxy through you! ENJOY!

SarahCeleste said...

Dear Beka~
You have my deepest apologies for all my calls to Jake regarding work. I am sure you expect it, but never get used to having a husband who is so ...for lack of better words..."needed". It must get so old having him constantly on the phone, even on vacations. I know I am not the only one calling so....for me at least...I am sorry, but thanks for putting up with it. Love you so so much!
your sis
Sarah

Marcie said...

Wow that sounded so fun and exhausting at the same time! Glad you had a fun trip and surived Disneyland with 2 little ones. You are BRAVE!!!