April, since the day we met in the girls bathroom 18 years ago, my life has never been the same. I can't imagine how my life might have turned out if you hadn't gotten your blow pop stuck in my hair on that fateful day, and sealed our friendship forever. I am so very grateful for you in so many ways. For your influence and example, the way we traumatized my little brother as a kid, (who, incidentally counts you and I as two of his greatest influences...I think we did some serious damage) and for keeping me off the streets...or at least being with me on the streets so that people would be too afraid to approach us.I love that all these years later...many of them apart, we can still get together and it seems as if no time has passed. (except we don't wear nearly as many headbands, and I don't own any tie dyed clothing.) I love that you can still burp the alphabet, hold your own in a "fluffy bunnies" contest, and are passing down the art of the eyelid flip to your children.
I think that today I just want you to know how special you are to me. I can't let this milestone birthday pass without letting you know that without this...
I wouldn't be nearly the well-adjusted person I am today.
I love you, April. Happy Birthday!
2 comments:
I know it's cliche, but life has gone by so fast.
And April can't be 30, because that means I'm OLD!
Thanks Chewbecca! I love you so much too! So, is it Andy that we influenced. I know how much he always liked me. Just kidding-I am sure it is Peter. He was young and ignorant back then. Thanks again, you made my day!
Post a Comment