Monday, April 28, 2008

Bracken parenting standards: revealed

Tonight during a long-ish car ride I was contemplating parenthood and thoughtfully stated:

"I sure hope we're raising our kids right."

So Jake asked,

"Alex, are you being raised right?"

And Alex said,

"I'm being raised?"

And as I dejectedly buried my head in my hands I heard Jake reply,

"good enough for me."

4 comments:

Megan said...

oh man, how I laughed when I read this! So funny! I've never thought to ask them...though I have agonized over that question plenty...

SarahCeleste said...

wow, maybe I should have asked, but really we all know she is not...and if you ask her you might get a long reply on how her mom is a maniac and followed by a someone please adopt me.. :(

Amy Hummel said...

I think you are doing a fab job raising your kids!

I wonder what my kids would say if I asked them that question, LOL!

Chrystal said...

THAT IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!! I'm so glad you wrote it down - -you'll want to share that one over and over! So adorable!