But I'm good, people...not to worry. I'm totally not down on myself. If being a nerd bothered me I might not have worn this to a dance in high school:

Man, that's cute! What ever happened to that dress?
Oh, and I mustn't forget my musical interests:
You haven't lived until you've heard "Hungarian Rhapsody" for accordion. It is truly awe-inspiring.If that didn't bother me then, I am totally OK with the fact that I achieve Zen while knitting items for my daughter to wear. I'm not justifying, I'm just stating the facts for any who are at all interested in my inner-workings.
And here it is:

Someday soon you'll get a photo of her wearing it.
Bask in my nerdiness.
9 comments:
wow, I'm totally impressed...having seen it in it's early stages only last Thursday, I am amazed that you finished it so soon! Love the dress...it brings back so many memories. Maybe someday I'll have to blog some of my more entertaining dance pictures!
Beka... I think I have a girl crush on you! Don't freak out, I won't get weird... but I love this post!!!! That is the best school dance pic ever - you should totally send it in to ELLEN, you could for sure be a guest on the show. I agree about the photography/computer nerd thing too. Ok, I am also a knitter - it's my favorite winter thing to do (forget snowboarding, I'm not cool like that). When I was prego, I got really bad carpal tunnel and was so mad because I couldn't knit... and I wore big pink wrist brace/guard things. I'm a nerd too. Embrace it. K, and I love the knitted dress - so so so cute!
Wow you knit fast! That dress looks amazing!
Beka, that is so dang cute! I second April in that you should totally submit that dance photo to some sort of "I'm not a nerd...really" contest of some sorts. You would probably win just because you had the guts to stand out in the open. Those were the days...
Seriously though, kudos on the dress.
Great job on the dress...and I already knew you were a nerd...and I love you more for it. definately a badge of honor! Never sell out! Knit, quilt, rock that accordian. I could not feel prouder!
Love the dress. I'm a total nerd because I am actually jealous of your knitting skills.
So cute! I love the dresses (both the knitted one and the dance picture one). Long live nerdy hobbies!
I think I took that picture of you with your accordian and we were discussing how awesome it would be if I had my banjo and clogging shoes. Like Amanda, I am jealous of your knitting skills. The only thing nerdier than knitting is wanting to and not being able to...and maybe a stuffed animal collection.
Beautiful colors! I can't wait to see Lily in it! WAY TO GO NERD-O! Haa haa!
xxx ooo
Post a Comment