I really don't know. Lily seems to be the expert on that these days.
So last night during one of our nighttime sessions I had become completely lost for what to say or how to get her to go to sleep, so I was just standing at the side of her crib, glassy-eyed and watching her wail. Finally, remembering how obsessed she'd been with the moon lately, I said:
"Lily, the moon is out right now, and when the moon is out it's time to go to sleep."
And she just went, "noooooooooooo!"
So I finally took her into bed with us, which is the absolute last resort after we've fed her, changed her, rocked her, and offered to buy her a car if she'll JUST GO TO SLEEP! And, just as anticipated, we laid her down, she got up, sat on my head, and started pulling my hair.
For 2 hours.
Eventually, though, it was her squirming that finally ended it all. At about 5:30 she fell out of our bed. And after the initial panic, both Jake and I said simultaneously,
"maybe now she'll go to sleep!"
And whether it was fatigue, pain, or the mild concussion she sustained, she did finally go to sleep after a 3 hour stretch of being awake.
And when she woke up in the morning she sat up, looked around and said sleepily,
"bye bye, moon."
And she was instantly forgiven.
3 comments:
oh, I'm so sorry! that doesn't sound like a fun night!
btw, girl's night is set at your house tomorrow night! I hope that's OK!
Oh BEka~ I am so sorry!!!Bless your heart. I think maybe you need to give her some cognac...not a lot, just a sip, she will sleep all night long...(I am just kidding, don't do it!)
I was feeling a little sorry for myself because I got up at quarter after six. I guess I'll go take my humility and eat some lunch.
Post a Comment