Friday, April 18, 2008

Lily with bunny

Our neighbors have 2 bunnies that were out enjoying the beautiful morning we had yesterday, and Lily, who has the biggest heart for animals this side of the Missip, could not stay away from them. I loved watching her try to nurture and love them with no fear of the fact that she had never touched a bunny before. She connects with animals in a way that no one else in this family understands.

I remember being like her; lounging with the cats or loving on our golden retriever, Meg. I also remember when our neighbor's cat had kittens and the runt of the litter finally died and feeling like my heart was going to break in half.

Maybe it scarred me, or maybe it's just that I've become jaded enough to know that animals + children = more work than I want to deal with at this point in my life, but part of me wishes I had the simple love for little creatures that I once had.

In any case, I think it's going to be hard to keep a dog out of this family for very long.


Here are some cute pictures without the bunny. Just for good measure.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

She is truly adorable:)

We have had a few pet bunnies... emphasis on had. They are actually really good pets, if you can keep them alive for more than a year.

SarahCeleste said...

Wow, those were really great photos Beka! Lily is so dang photogenic! Love ya!

Marie said...

She looks so happy. How can you deny her such happiness just because you have become jaded by the world...what kind of mother are you???

But seriously, she does look SO happy in those pictures. Her eyes are smiling right along with her entire face!

Loves!

April said...

oh I love these pics... #3 is my favorite! With kids that cute it would be hard to ever say 'no'...

Amy Hummel said...

Want my dog?

April said...

Those are some beautiful pictures of a beautiful little girl. Do you remember Burger and Feces (the rabbits, not the real deal)? Your little bunny whisperer is so cute!

Anonymous said...

that lily is so funny and cute you i think she would really like a dog.....beka

-liv

Chrystal said...

Oh! Those pictures are gorgeous! So sweet - - we're getting a Ragdoll kitten as soon as he is old enough to leave his mommy...I can't wait!