Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pine Valley...finally

Alex got a sled for Christmas and has been so excited to go to Pine Valley to go sledding, but we never got the chance to go before he got his tonsils out, and so FINALLY we went up this morning. I got lots of video of him sledding, but these pictures are just of him playing in the snow at Jake's parent's lot. He honestly had so much fun just running around and jumping in the snow...he loved it all.

Here is a picture of him laying in the snow in pure bliss...he did this a lot. Pay no mind to the glare caused by my filthy dirty filter. For our purposes we shall just call it "art."


Portrait of an excellent Dad.
mmmmmm, snow. Anyone got any tigers blood? This stuff would make a great snow cone:)
Here is one of not very many pictures I took after setting my white balance. My battery died shortly after and after I put the new one in I forgot to set my white balance again.

The result is this...gray snow. And just by way of full disclosure and in case you were wondering, Photoshop does a poor job doing what properly set white balance achieves for you in the first place. Alex's snowman. Can you tell he got a little burned out by the time it was time to make the head? I kept trying to convince him to make it bigger, but no, he was just going to knock it down anyway.


In other news: I'm sending out a big thank you from Lily to Grandma Bracken who really came through on the super hero costumes. Lily was getting really upset that whenever Alex's friends came over there just weren't enough Batman or Superman capes to go around. She loves to wear them. In fact, yesterday she wore the Batman cape to the library for story-time.


So Grandma made Super girl...so, so cute. She loves it!

And now they are truly a crime-fighting team to be reckoned with...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute! I love the superhero costume, both my girls LOVE being superheroes.
Hey, I started a new blog with blogspot, the Mac site didn't work for everyone.
thesharpsix.blogspot

Amy Hummel said...

Okay... That costume is the CUTEST!!!

And I'm jealous that you are a better photographer than I! Love the ones with the solar flares. Didn't know that they were un-intended... so you shouldn't have said anything. I was wondering, "HOW DID SHE DO THAT!" Guess I know the trick now. Dirty filter. Do you have a polarizing filter???

I'm wishing for a chance to take pictures in the snow. I'm wanting to do the whole white balance thing, and then meter off the sky... blah blah blah!

Are you just learning sooo much from your photography class?

Beka said...

Amy, there's nothing I know that you don't. The thing this class has done is given me assignments as excuses to practice. After you have your baby you'll have more time....bwahahaha! Yah right. But you know what I mean. Once you start feeling like you have more energy it won't seem like I'm doing anything you can't. You are an awesome photographer.

Chrystal said...

What an awesome post - the pictures, the thoughts, those cute faces! Loved it!