Saturday, January 19, 2008

This is why we live in Southern Utah

We went to Sand Hollow today to open up "Old Bluey", which is what we affectionately like to call the new Ranger, which up until now we have only used to tour the Sand Hollow site. The experience was, well, I think Merril described it best:


"It's like a golf cart on steroids."


Indeed, it's a little gutless.


However, for a person like me who is, shall we say, conservative on the sand dunes (see: chicken) it was probably the perfect pace. Jake and I took it up to the top to look out over Warner Valley, which was amazing...I'd never seen it. After that we went on a little joy ride (no, not that kind of joy ride, you sick pervert!!) and we actually did some fun stuff. The truth is, once I got used to what it feels like to drive on the dunes, and, most importantly, what Old Bluey could handle, I started to feel more comfortable taking some of the big, scarier hills.
Bear in mind, I will not be doing THIS any time soon...






Especially not on Old Bluey, but I will admit it was very fun, and I can't wait to take Alex out once it gets a little warmer.

Here are more pictures:

Here's Jocelyn posing while trying to seem as though she just naturally stands there peeking through her hair and looking adorably at the camera. She must have a mom who takes pictures a lot or something...
Jack...what a little cutie! Squeeze him!OK, there's a little story behind this one. Jocelyn had convinced Maxine that this little area under the tree was her bed. Maxine kept asking, "Is it really your bed?" and Jocelyn would say, "Yes, I TOLD you, THIS is where I sleep when my parents LEAVE me here at night!"
Now, I'm not trying to judge Amy and Jared or anything, that's just not my place.
All I'm saying, is that MAYBE I'm not that bad of a parent...just saying.
Anyway, Here's Maxine snuggling down for the night.Ready for a ride.Tree branches in the skyDesolateTree


'nother tree

1 comment:

Marie said...

Look at the creative genius of this wonderful mother who never leaves her child in the wild at night.

Great photos Beka! You are totally turning the semi-pro corner.