He started to feel better enough to handle the pain, and decided the taste of the medicine was no longer worth the relief, and so actually was worse off for it.
If that makes any kind of sense whatsoever.
Anyway, we went through the entire night medication-free and he tossed and turned and was in absolute misery all night long.
And so was I, if you can imagine.
So finally, after watching his expression turn from painful grimace to a dead acceptance, he agreed to take two chewable children's Motrin, but I wasn't sure if it would touch his pain, since up to now he was taking something much stronger. So we waited for about 20 minutes until he weakly started asking for Cheerios. I tried to talk him out of it, thinking it would hurt his throat, but he persisted; and seeing as how he hadn't eaten for close to 24 hours, I let him eat it.
After he'd been eating for a while I noticed he was just holding the cereal in his mouth, and, thinking that his throat was hurting, I got down really close to his face and asked if the cereal was hurting his throat. He turned, looked at me, and
SPIT THE MILK IN MY FACE!!!
And then he laughed.
I know I should have been more angry, but honestly I was so relieved to see the light come back into his eyes--no matter how horribly NAUGHTY he'd been--that I just couldn't get too mad.
Any other day and he'd be reading the want-ads and finding a new place to live.
.And what is the biggest benefit to having your tonsils out? Everybody shout it...POPSICLES!


Since Alex has started feeling a little better the biggest change I've noticed is that Lily whines a lot more. She must have really enjoyed these last few days of having free-reign over the toys. I hope she has enjoyed it because those days are about over.
A big THANKS to everyone who brought over Popsicles, toys, and adorable little notes. They seriously made his day!
4 comments:
I'm glad to hear he's feeling better. Sorry about the milk on your face. Tee hee.
What a relief to have him feeling a bit better. Hope the trend continues.
poor boy...thankfully, my kids have never fought taking medicine, so if Seth gets his tonsils out, we will hopefully not have that problem!
I know you are talking about your poor little boy here... but all I could think of is how awesome your pictures are looking lately! Way to photodocument!
Post a Comment