Well, it did to me; which is appropriate seeing as how that has been my view of Christmas this year. I'm just starting to feel the pressure of making sure everyone is happy and cheerful, but I'm really not feeling it myself. I'm happy enough, I'm just not feeling the magic, you know?So when I went visiting teaching yesterday at my neighbor's house and she showed me her son's letter to Santa, it went straight into my Christmas-starved heart.
I will type it out exactly as it is:
Corbys' Christmas List
1. dirt bike color red love corby
2. pet bunny with caje love corby
3. only theres things just the thing on this paper bring me
4. but maybe just one of them other kidsneed more
5. if you made some toys all redy give them it ifyou fill like
6. I didet get a nuff I did they the home lis people dident they
7. need more I don't care that I dident wake up on Christmas with
8. tow toys I will no that I helpt por people get more toys I whont be
9. sad cos evry one has more toys than me I will be happy por people
10. will have more toys I will no that the por people got more and I helpt
11. and that will be the best Christmas of my live and that day would be
12. the best of all as I live
merry Christmas write back love corby.
If that does not melt your heart than it must be made of stone.
I just cried when I read that. Do I have that spirit? Apparently not. I suddenly want to go run out and find some "home lis" people to share with.
So I sat down with Alex to write a letter to Santa and it went something like this:
Dear Santa:
I would like a lightsaber for Christmas. And buy some stuff for some poor people too.
Love, Alex
I helped with the last part.
I guess we still have a ways to go.
6 comments:
seriously, I am feeling you. I cried when I read that. I hope that little boy gets a big hug...if only it were that simple...if we could just ask Santa to fix it all and it would happen. what a good little boy!
I know!--btw, he IS getting a pet bunny for Christmas...can you think of any little boy who deserves it more??
I'm really diggin' this christmas season myself. I've totally simplified (in relation to other years). My kids have one thing from Santa each. Then one thing from me. One thing from Dad. My mom bought a bunch of stuff, but I can't control that.
We went to KB toys and Gymboree last week and spent over $75 on toys and pajamas for a toy drive. The girls had so much fun. I wish sometimes we could all be as caring as our kids.
Yesterday, Jocelyn made a Christmas Card for her teacher. While she was at it, she made another one for the crossing guard in front of her school. Today I pulled up on the street and let her out so that she could run it to him. He was so excited and gave her a big hug. I wonder if crossing guards get many cards? It looked like it made his day. Later that afternoon he was handing out candy canes to all of the passing by cars. Cute.
I should blog that...
I also found myself in tears by the end of that letter. How sweet!
Beka. Read Christmas Jars.
Talk to me after you read it.
Cute! I liked Amy's crossing guard story too!
Post a Comment