seven random things, I'll state
Stop talking like Yoda, I will...
1) I think the one thing I can say about myself is that I love to learn new things. I get so excited over new projects and hobbies that it's practically an illness. I love to quilt, sew, knit, crochet, do woodworking, scrapbook, blog (which to me are the same thing), exercise, take photographs, and I would LOVE to take up pottery.
Just gotta find myself a potters wheel.
and lots of dedicated space.
2)I have taught myself to play (though not proficiently) the piano, accordion, violin, guitar, triangle, and a little bit of mandolin and electric bass.
OK, I just threw the triangle in there, but how hard could it be?
3)Inspired by Amy's random things, I will mention the pets I had as a kid:
I raised silkworms in my bedroom.
And, no, that's not like the triangle thing...I really did. From eggs to moths.
It was really quite enriching.
And I had a dog.
4)My favorite band right now is OK GO, but I've also been listening to a lot of New Pornographers.
Who are neither new nor pornographic.
though I have never seen them in concert so I can't state that with 100% confidence.
5)As hard as I try I can't get into the holiday spirit even though I've had my tree up since Thanksgiving weekend.
6)Something that people may not know is that I've always felt a little bit like a misfit in St. George. I don't know why and it's nobody's fault, but there it is.
7)I just finished reading the Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards.
It was fantastic. Has anyone else read it?
I just started Love in the Time of Cholera. Hope it's good.
No comments:
Post a Comment