Saturday, December 15, 2007

making my day

We went out to Sand Hollow today and someone left the sprinklers on. The result was this amateur photographer's playground. The contrast between the ice and the desert was so very cool. I cannot emphasize enough how much fun this was. I like taking portraits and all, but I love this funky landscape stuff.

Like an icy hand is trying to snuff out the last green of this plant...



X-ray




Trapped





wheel






still







Beyond the ice field...








half









ice spider (that one was Olivia's name...)










melting

ice fall



And now, because you're probably freezing because of all that ice, here's something hot...








4 comments:

Marie said...

That really wasn't MY idea of "something hot" but I know how you feel!

Right on sista!

Megan said...

hehehe, that last shot...too funny. YOu think he looks hot...I think he looks constipated...guess that's why he's yours! Love the pictures...my favorite is the wagon wheel...amazing shot!

Amy Hummel said...

Not my idea of something hot either... but whatever floats your boat. Just kidding. He looks pretty freezing actually!

The rest of your pictures are amazing! I'm jealous that I was taking pictures at the pool with a 2.1 megapixel POC while you were in this photographers playground! Such is life!

Chrystal said...

I love those pics and the joy you have in taking them. So great...we have nothin' but ice around these parts...