Saturday, March 8, 2008

communicating with Alex

Alex brought me a 7-up and asked if he could have some. I said,

"Put that back, there is an open one in the fridge."

I wasn't necessarily telling him that he could have one, I was just saying he couldn't open a new one. However, I can understand the miscommunication, so I wasn't too upset when I found him at the table guzzling the open one down. I put it away and said I'd make him some peanut butter toast. He said,

"Yes, with bread."

"You want toast made out of bread?"

"Yes, but not toasted."

"OK, you want bread with peanut butter."

"Yes, but no peanut butter."

"You just want a piece of bread?"

"Yes, with cinnamon."

"OK, you want butter and cinnamon?"

"Nope, just cinnamon."

"Bread with cinnamon coming up..."

So Alex sists down with his cinnamon bread for about 15 seconds and then says:

"I'm done. Can I have some 7-up now?"

1 comment:

SarahCeleste said...

Ok, I am rolling, this is hilarious! Girl, he keeps you jumping. I love it!