Do you think she looks like me or Jake?...
I thinks she's a good combination of both. So I have to admit, for all of the eye-rolling and "Men" that I've muttered in the last 24 hours, I am so smitten with this beauty. There is something primal about the roar of the engine, The Doobie Brothers blasting from the speakers, and the subsequent rubber-necking of passers-by as I rumble down the street. I defy you to stand within 10 feet of this car and not feel cool.
Today I was driving it by myself and some guys in some lesser Mustang pulled up beside me and wanted to race.
I will begin by saying that something about this car makes me feel 16, and I was not a smart 16. So, while I know that the responsible, adult thing would have been to wave them off with a "no thanks" and let them continue on their merry way, well, I just couldn't let it go down like that. So I looked over, smiled, and gunned it.
I know, I know, but I promise if you were in my car...ahem...I mean shoes, you would have done the same thing!
So, I came to my senses when I started to near 90mph. I suddenly was reacquainted with a healthy awareness of my own mortality, and the winning of some stupid drag race became not worth the mental picture I had of myself in a persistent vegetative state. So I backed off and let the guy pass.
Well, I guess the fact that I decided I was done wasn't enough for mister "lesser" Mustang. He backed off too, got behind me, and started to follow me onto the freeway. I tried to lose him in the traffic, but he just kept following me! I was pretty sure he was more interested in the car than me, but who's to say he wasn't some psycho with all of his psycho friends coming to hunt me down and do horrible things? So I got a little nervous for a minute there, but luckily, he gave up, took the Blvd exit, and I was able to go home without worrying that some lunatic was going to follow me there.
So, moral of the story is, Beka, don't be such a moron. I hereby promise I will never execute the awesome power of Jake's new car by racing strangers to prove it. I also understand that I am not invincible and that there are 2 small children at home who would really miss their momma if she were gone...especially from something as idiotic as drag racing.
OK, OK, enough about that. The car's awesome. I'm done. The end.

6 comments:
I think it looks more like auntie sarah....love it!!!
yo beka i luv your(daughter)pick me up in this ride
I feel the same way gunning the FZR(motorcycle) off the line. Makes my toes tingle just thinking about it.
I LOVE THAT CAR!!! In highschool my big bro let me drive his hot rod a few times and I still haven't gotten it out of my system. I would have totally dragged those guys too! I seriously love the power of a fast car. John (my dh) is drooling over the keyboard right now. We may just have to move to SG just to sit in that bad boy.
I say we have a girls night, no mom cars allowed. I love reading your blog, it always makes me smile.
Post a Comment