Tuesday, March 11, 2008

reasons we can't have a dog...#247

Lily has this new obsession lately. And by obsession I don't mean that it's like her favorite book or her favorite movie; it's not a preference, oh no. It is much more than that. It is a burning desire to empty out the contents of blank and then refill blank with contents. Which is weird because I thought that need was fulfilled around month 9, but here we are.

exhibit A:



I used to try and stop her because she was getting under my sink and finding the dishwashing detergant. And then I decided to stop being such a jerk and just let her do it. They are individually wrapped, after all.

And she happily emptied and re-filled for the next 45 minutes, and they were the happiest 45 minutes of my life...my wedding night notwithstanding. (yah right, like that took 45 minutes)

MOVING ON...

So what does all of this have to do with puppies you ask? Well, as the numberless readers of my blog know, my sister brought over her puppies on Sunday and left little bits of doggy food in the yard. And so this afternoon we busied ourselves thus:


Now, I may just be trying to override my need to take home one of those puppies and make it mine forevever and let it sleep on my pillow right under my left eyebrow, but can you just imagine what that girl could do with a 20lb bag of dog food and a radio flyer wagon?

4 comments:

Megan said...

but she's sooooooo cute! Imagine what this new obsession combined with actual puppy could bring...puppy stuffed in washing machine...puppy stuffed in daddy's shoe...puppy stuffed in mailbox...need I go on?

SarahCeleste said...

I agree with megan! Look at that face. I recognize it from someone in years past...not sure who...but dang she reminds me of someone. SO cute!

Amy Hummel said...

Oh I can imagine. Remember, I have a 2 year old... AND a 20 pound bag of dog food!!!

Chrystal said...

Hmmm...Brenna is now walking and we are considering getting a purebred Ragdoll Kitty...this post makes me wonder if I will live to regret this idea? I love you Lily...you make all things seem fascinating, fun, and intriguing! Beka - keep sending the notes about her little adventures...it helps me feel like I'm not missing everything by living up north!