So you may remember this photo from a couple-a posts ago. I know. Go ahead and swoon.
But by adding this burned-edge effect it gives it just a little more interest. I didn't add too much here because his little adorable face is right up in the corner, but you can add as much or as little as you want.
Here's a better example. This is a picture of a few friends of mine from a couple of years back. Rather than cropping out the distracting background I used our little trick here instead:
Doesn't it give it more of a finished look? I love that you can make it as subtle as you want and it gives the photo a nice frame.
To find out how to do it go here. It gives instructions for how to do it in CS2 complete with screenshots, but in CS3 I had to do some playing because it was slightly different. I don't know for sure if you can do it in Elements, but my bet is that you can.
There you have it. It's not the answer to world hunger, but it might keep you off the streets for a while.
And the fewer stay at home moms we have out on the streets the better...who's with me?
6 comments:
You're right... I didn't get the e-mail. So, thank you... thank you... thank you for posting it!
See you tomorrow!
Looks great!
Wow! You have some pretty cool friends. Too bad that your most awesome friend was at work that day and when he got word that you were in town he raced home to say hello only to find that you had already left.
...or so I heard.
I used to love doing this in the dark room
I think your most awesome friend was there and she was looking pretty hot on the far right. I need some serious help with photo shop. Trying to use it gives me low self esteem. I miss you!
Oh, James...I love you too.
Post a Comment