see, it's just a bitty bag.

So it makes for some exciting evenings at our house right about dinner time.
I don't know if that's the reason why you've become so hateful towards dinner itself or not, but the word "dinner" provokes such anger in you. You don't like to eat dinner much these days unless it is spaghetti or pizza. I'm sure this is quite common in boys your age, but I do try to give you a little more variety than cooked tomatoes and starch at least a couple times a week. And since you LOVE pancakes, I decided to try this healthy recipe for "pink" pancakes that had some hidden fruits and vegetables mixed in. So you were all excited to try them, but I think when you heard "pink" you thought pink like pink sugar cookies, not pink like made with beet puree.
And on the beet pancakes I can't say I blame you. Even though Lily and I thought they were good. I will redeem them that far.
On the way to school this morning we had to take an alternate route because the road we usually take was closed due to construction. So we spent the next 10 minutes beating that dead, dead horse.
"Why is the road closed?"
"Do constructions workers get sick?"
"Are the construction workers for this road sick?"
"Boogers are sticky"
me "that's gross!"
Alex "why is sticky gross?"
me "boogers are gross"
Alex "Why are sticky boogers gross?"
By now I am dry heaving because despite 5 years of nursing school, 4 years of motherhood, and a stomach of steel, the only thing I cannot take is boogers. Therein lies the key to the chastity belt of my stomach. So I am singing Mary had a Little Lamb in my head and going to my happy place while you are in the back saying "boogers. BOOOOGEERRS!"
And I go.
And on the way you tell me to lock the door behind me.
And I do it.
And then I pull out the Doritos I have hidden under the bed and I turn on Oprah.
And every now and then I hear you say, "It's not time for you to come out yet"
And I sadly reply, "just let me know."
OK, I don't hide Doritos under my bed. But I think I'll get a mini-fridge in my room and fill it with Bon-Bons. And when you send me to my room I'll sit and eat them and think about how "worth it" this whole parenting thing is.
3 comments:
I too, HATE the 20,000 questions..is doesn't matter girl or boy. 4 year olds have many many questions. Just remember, this too shall pass.
I wish Max would send me to my room for timeout. that sounds great!
With all do respect I disagree with Jeny. My ten year old still asks questions, and while they are fewer and farther between, they are much much more difficult to answer, like "mom, The mass of the Great Pyramid is 557t greater than that of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Stone Henge has a mass of 2695t which is 95t less than the Leaning Tower of Pisa. There once was a Greater Pyramid which had a mass twice that of the Great Pyramid, what was the mass of the Greater Pyramid." HUH?
I love the picture of alex with the red desert...frame that one!
Post a Comment